Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Trying again

Here is an attempt to recommit to writing or more appropriately reflecting through the blogs: Native Mission Ministry Reflections, Bishop Whipple Vicar and dakotarez. I have discovered that the social networking environment has a stratified atmosphere that again I do not or will not understand. I think that if I go to blogging school, pay attention and do my homework - my blogs maybe the way to go.

Why?

Let me count the ways. First and foremost, is that the blogs are under my control: it is my content, it is my opinions, it is my response to myself and the stimuli that I encounter, and only those that want to read them, will read them. Second, is the fact that I am only accountable to myself which is more than enough. I do not have to explain, justify, qualify my posts to anyone but myself since I am the only one that reads them anyway. Third, I am not responsible enough  for public discourse. Fourth, I am lazy and do not want to change my evil ways.

What are the blogs and their intentions. Probably the most benign is Bishop Whipple Vicar where I will post, reflect on, discuss things about Bishop Whipple Mission/St. Cornelia's Church. The content is based on the local context of the Vicar of an historic Episcopal Church mission to the Dakota people remaining and residing in the Lower Sioux Indian Community of southwestern Minnesota along the ancient River Warren now known as the Minnesota River.

A little more self reflective and antagonistic but still focused on Indian country Christianity is the blog Native Mission Ministry Reflections. This is the beginning of the explanation of why I will never make it to heaven - I definitely have an us/them, me/you, mine/theirs view of the world where names are used and processes accused. Sometimes self-righteousness is the dominate attitude in the posts in this blog but done with sufficient sarcasm, irony and Dakota pessimism to make it readable and tolerable. Anyway, that is the intent of the content.

Last but not least is the loosest of the three blogs dakotarez , where it is a blog free for all, full of free flowing, stream of conscience type of content about anything Indian, Native American, American Indian, Amerind, Indigenous, First Nations, First Nations, Fourth World, People of the Land, First Peoples, Aboriginal, etc. It is a blog full of personal, tribal, cultural contradictions, contraindications, inflammatory commentary, and delicate philosophical ditties about all things spatially contextual. Metaphorical conflicts of epic proportions flow across, through the posts - totally out of context and place. Nothing is sacred but all is filled with spirit. It is my favorite blog without a purpose.

So there you have it - so long social networking, its been fun to know ya.

No comments: